Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee to Discuss: U.S. Presidents Playing Golf; Reaction to the PGA TOUR Moving its WGC Event From Miami to Mexico; Distrust for the Media; and How He Doesn’t View Himself as a Politician
EPISODE PREVIEW: Trump on the Pros & Cons of Using a Teleprompter
ORLANDO, Fla. (July 11, 2016) – Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will join David Feherty for an exclusive interview in an all-new episode of Feherty, airing next Monday, July 18 at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel. A sneak peek of the interview can be seen on Golf Channel during tonight’s premiere of Feherty (9 p.m. ET), which features golf’s current “Big Three,” – Jason Day, Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy. Feherty is Golf Channel’s highest-rated original program and features in-depth interviews with iconic figures from sports, entertainment, business and politics.
The interview, which took place at Trump’s Manhattan apartment residence on Wednesday, June 22, covers a wide spectrum of topics – both political and personal, and of course golf – including:
- Why he doesn’t consider himself a politician
- U.S. Presidents playing golf
- Whether or not he will use a teleprompter at the Republican National Convention
- Reaction to the PGA TOUR’s decision to move its World Golf Championship (WGC) event from Trump’s Doral property in Miami to Mexico
- Distrust for the media: Trump – “The media to me is one of the most dishonest groups of people I’ve ever dealt with.”
- Golf’s return to the Olympic Games: Trump – “I think it’s a great thing for golf, having it in the Olympics”
- An admiration for professional golfers, including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and today’s current wave of young stars
- His recent trip to Scotland for the reopening of Turnberry
- What’s next if he doesn’t win the presidential nomination
- Highlights from Feherty’s initial interview with Trump in May 2012
Tonight’s Feherty Featuring Golf’s New “Big Three” to Include Sneak Peek of Trump Episode
At 9 p.m. ET tonight, a new episode of Feherty will showcase golf’s current “Big Three,” Jason Day, Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy, featuring segments with Feherty interviewing each one-on-one. At the conclusion of the episode, there will be a special sneak peek of next Monday’s interview with Feherty and Donald Trump.
Upcoming Guests this Season
Other guests joining Feherty later this year include 26-time Emmy Award-winning NBC Sports personality and Olympic host Bob Costas; Pro Football Hall-of-Famers Terry Bradshaw, Cris Carter and Emmitt Smith; legendary baseball play-by-play voice Bob Uecker; Doug Collins, former first-overall pick and journeyman head coach in the NBA; and 2014 European-winning Ryder Cup team captain Paul McGinley.
Described as “the last unscripted man on TV,” by Men’s Journal and as “golf’s wisecracking, maverick interviewer” by Esquire, Feherty has made a name for himself not only through his self-titled Golf Channel talk show, but as one of the most irrepressible personalities calling golf over the past two decades. A native of Northern Ireland and a former professional golfer who claimed 10 worldwide victories and a spot on the 1991 European Ryder Cup Team, Feherty is now a proud American citizen who has risen above a history of alcoholism and addiction to become an Emmy-nominated television host, New York Times best-selling author and comedic relief for thousands of men and women in uniform.
-NBC Sports Group-