August 12, 2015
ESPN X Games to Host First-Ever Real Moto Video Competition
- First Video Part Revealed Today on XGames.com
- Winner Announced during World of X Games Real Moto show August 22 on ABC
As part of the World of X Games on ABC, X Games introduces Real Moto – the latest addition to the Real Series, an online video competition. All five Real Moto video parts will debut today on XGames.com/RealMoto where fans will be allowed to vote for their favorite video. X Games medal winners will be chosen by the Real Moto riders and their filmer/editors and announced during the World of X Games show on Saturday, August 22 at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT on ABC. This marks the third Real Series competition out of five this year.
Next weekend’s Real Moto show will feature five of the top freestyle motocross professionals in the world and their individual video parts, behind-the-scenes, athlete interviews and conclude in the selection of the winner for the event. Athletes were given the opportunity to team up with an editor and produce a 90-second video part to showcase their unique riding styles in their own vision.
The five Real Moto athletes invited to compete are from left to right: Drake McElroy, Jeremy Stenberg, Mike Mason, Ronnie Renner and Wes Agee. Photo Credit: ESPN Images
Athletes featured in Real Moto are detailed below:
- Drake McElroy (Sparks, Nevada)
- X Games Moto X Freestyle medalist and host of Red Bull Media House web series “Drake’s Passage”
- Jeremy Stenberg (Winchester, California)
- X Games Moto X six-time gold medalist; one of the pioneers of FMX
- Mike Mason (Carson City, Nevada)
- X Games Four-time Moto X Freestyle and Speed & Style gold medalist; Only X Games athlete to win Speed & Style gold more than twice
- Ronnie Renner (Tampa, Florida)
- X Games Moto X Step Up six-time gold medalist; commentator for Red Bull X-Fighters series and host of “Upside Down and Inside Out” on Network A’s YouTube channel
- Wes Agee (Temecula, California)
- X Games Moto X Freestyle bronze medalist; landed a 190-foot backflip in the 2012 Metal Mulisha team video “Black Friday”
The World of X Games is a weekly program on ABC and ESPN platforms, which features a variety of X Games and athlete-focused content. For the most updated schedule and information on World of X Games, go to www.xgames.com. Check local listings for additional details.