Cubs Hall of Fame legend RYNE SANDBERG joins hosts David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth for every home/road pre-game edition & all road post-game editions of “Cubs Postseason Live”
“SportsNet Central: Cubs Playoff Central” to air nightly on non-game days beginning TONIGHT at 10:30 PM CT
Game 1 coverage on Saturday, October 15
“Cubs Postseason Live: Pregame NLCS Game 1” at 6:00 PM CT on CSN
“Cubs Postseason Live: Postgame NLCS Game 1” at approx. 10:00 PM CT on CSN
Game 2 coverage on Sunday, October 16
“Cubs Postseason Live: Pregame NLCS Game 2” at 6:00 PM CT on CSN
“Cubs Postseason Live: Postgame NLCS Game 2” at approx. 10:00 PM CT on CSN
Chicago, IL (October 14, 2016) – CSN Chicago (CSN), the television home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of National League Championship Series-bound Chicago Cubs, will be providing fans with expanded, surrounding coverage of the Cubs huge upcoming playoff series against the Los Angeles Dodgers LIVE from Wrigley Field this weekend!
In addition, one of the greatest players in team history will be joining CSN’s extensive pre/post coverage team beginning this weekend as Chicago Cubs Hall of Fame legend RYNE SANDBERG will be alongside hosts David Kaplan (@thekapman) and Todd Hollandsworth (@hollytime28) for EVERY pre-game edition of Cubs Postseason Live presented by Fields Auto Group and for all post-game “road” editions of Cubs Postseason Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois. CSN’s NLCS coverage team also features Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull (@Kelly_Crull) and CSNChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney (@CSNMooney).
Beginning TONIGHT at 10:30 PM CT (and airing at 10:30 PM every evening on non-game nights throughout the playoffs), CSN will provide viewers with expanded Cubs playoff coverage via GMC SportsNet Central: Cubs Playoff Central. This half-hour show, featuring a rotation of Cubs experts including Kaplan, Hollandsworth, Crull, Mooney, and Luke Stuckmeyer, will provide fans with up-to-the-minute Cubs-Dodgers NLCS news and updates, player/manager interviews, workout day feature reports, comprehensive game previews/recaps, a Toronto-Cleveland ALCS overview, and much more.
Please note the following details for CSN’s surrounding Cubs-Dodgers NLCS coverage LIVE from Wrigley Field this weekend:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15
6:00 PM – Cubs Postseason Live presented by Fields Auto Group (from Wrigley Field) – Hosted by CSN’s David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth, along with Cubs Hall of Fame legend Ryne Sandberg, this special ONE-HOUR, pre-game edition of Cubs Postseason Live will break down and preview Game 1 of the NLCS featuring numerous interviews, a complete series overview featuring pitching match-ups and player analyses, a recap of regular season Cubs-Dodgers head-to-head highlights, along with the latest on-field pre-game reports from Kelly Crull and Patrick Mooney.
10:00 PM (time approx.) – Cubs Postseason Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois (LIVE from Wrigley Field) – An expanded post-game edition of Cubs Postseason Live, hosted by Kaplan and Hollandsworth, will feature Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conference, live locker room player interviews, a complete breakdown of the Game 1, plus, additional live on-field, post-game reports from Crull, a preview of Game 2, and much more.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16
6:00 PM – Cubs Postseason Live presented by Fields Auto Group (from Wrigley Field) – Hosted by CSN’s David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth, along with Cubs Hall of Fame legend Ryne Sandberg, this special ONE-HOUR, pre-game edition of Cubs Postseason Live will break down and preview Game 2 of the NLCS, which will also feature a thorough recap of Game 1, pitching match-up previews, along with the latest on-field pre-game reports from Kelly Crull and Patrick Mooney.
10:00 PM (time approx.) – Cubs Postseason Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois (LIVE from Wrigley Field) – An expanded post-game edition of Cubs Postseason Live, hosted by Kaplan and Hollandsworth, will feature Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conference, live locker room player interviews, a complete breakdown of the Game 1, plus, additional live on-field, post-game reports from Crull, and a look ahead to Games 3 &4 as the NLCS shifts to the west coast beginning Tuesday.
In addition to the comprehensive Cubs NLCS coverage on CSN, viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com throughout the playoffs even more comprehensive 24/7 coverage, including:
- Live stream of Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conferences.
- “Cubs Pulse,” a one-stop social media and behind-the-scenes destination that reveals the latest real time trending topics, player buzz and expert insight from Twitter and Instagram. Plus, “Cubs Pulse” aggregates all Cubs player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #CubsTalk.
- “Cubs In-Game Live,” – featuring STATS Inc.’s enhanced Game Zone real-time tracking system – is a second screen platform for PCs, tablets and mobile devices that combine state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s live game broadcasts.
- Push Alerts: CSN Chicago will deliver Cubs push notifications for breaking team and player news, “Insider” reports, plus game reminder alerts via CSN Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
- CubsTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Cubs playoffs news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. CubsTalk contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent, which includes the upcoming #CubsTalk podcast.
- CSNChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney will provide extensive team/player news, special feature stories, and much more throughout the NLCS. Follow him on Twitter @CSNMooney for 24/7 inside access. In addition, Cubs digital reporter and producer Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) will also provide Cubs reports/features on the beat with Mooney for every NLCS game. Follow @CSNCubs on Twitter for full team coverage, giveaways, fan photos and the very latest team news.
- Cubs coverage on CSNChicago.com/Cubs is presented by Wintrust.
NOTE: CSN’s surrounding coverage details for NLCS Games 3 & 4 (and Game 5 if nec.) from Los Angeles next week, along with Games 6 & 7 (if nec.) back in Chicago, will be announced on Monday, Oct. 17.
Comcast SportsNet Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with Emmy Award-winning regional sports news and analysis via SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, blogs and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of NBC Sports Group, consists of 10 regional networks that deliver more than 2,200 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: CSN Bay Area, CSN California, CSN Chicago, CSN Mid-Atlantic, CSN New England, CSN Northwest, TCN, CSN Philadelphia and SNY. For additional information, visit CSN.com. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.