Basketball College GameDay and Saturday Primetime 2010 Schedule
Eight-Week College Basketball Series Features Five First-Time Sites, Including a Women’s Game
ESPN’s weekly College GameDay Driven by State Farm® college basketball series and the Saturday Primetime game-of-the-week telecast — returning for a sixth consecutive season – will begin January 16, 2010, from Storrs, Conn., for the women’s BIG EAST showdown between Notre Dame and defending National Champion Connecticut. It will mark the first time the show has originated from a women’s game.
The college basketball version of the popular College GameDay football series – two one-hour shows each Saturday at 11 a.m. ET and at 8 p.m. — will originate from the site of the Saturday Primetime game (at 9 p.m. except January 30) for eight consecutive weeks and will generally be presented from inside or around the arena.
Highlights of this year’s schedule include:
- Three of last year’s NCAA Final Four participants: North Carolina, Michigan State and Villanova.
- First-time stops at Clemson, Illinois, Kansas State and Washington.
- Three of the top four, and eight of the top 18, ranked teams from last year’s season-ending ESPN/USA Today poll: #1 North Carolina, #2 Michigan State, #4 Villanova, #10 Kansas, #11 Duke, #12 Syracuse, #16 Washington and #18 UCLA.
- Nine overall and seven of the top 10 by ESPN.com’s Katz: #1 Kansas, #2 Michigan State, #4 Villanova, #5 North Carolina, #7 Kentucky, #8 Tennessee, #10 Duke, #14 Washington and #24 Kansas State.
- Seven of the top 10 – and 10 of the top 17 – by ESPN’s Vitale: #1 Kansas, #2 Kentucky, #3 Michigan State, #5 Duke, #7 Villanova, #8 North Carolina, #10 Illinois, #12 Tennessee, #16 Washington and #17 Syracuse.
Scheduled sites for College GameDay and Saturday Primetime:
Date Site Game (All 9 p.m. ET on ESPN unless otherwise noted)
Jan. 16 Storrs, Conn. Notre Dame at Connecticut (women’s)
Jan. 23 Clemson, S.C. Duke at Clemson
Jan. 30 Manhattan, Kan. Kansas at Kansas State (6 p.m. show and game at 7 p.m.)
Feb. 6 Champaign, Ill. Michigan State at Illinois
Feb. 13 Lexington, Ky. Tennessee at Kentucky
Feb. 20 Seattle, Wash. UCLA at Washington
Feb. 27 Syracuse, N.Y. Villanova at Syracuse
Mar. 6 Durham, N.C. North Carolina at Duke
Note: College GameDay will be aired every Saturday at 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. (except for January 30 at 6 p.m.)