In the off-season, Thomas began a new chapter in his career signing a four-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens. This week, As Thomas returns to CenturyLink Field for the first time since his departure from The Emerald City, ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown revisits Josina Anderson’s conversation with Thomas. (Sunday, 10 a.m. ET).
ESPN and ESPN Deportes will combine to present live coverage of five Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs matches beginning this weekend with two Round 1 games: Real Salt Lake vs. Portland Timbers on Saturday at 10 p.m. ET (ESPNEWS on ESPN Deportes), and Minnesota United vs. LA Galaxy, Sunday at 8:30 p.m. on ESPN and ESPN Deportes. ABC will televise the 2019 MLS Cup presented by Audi on Sunday, Nov. 10.
UFC Fight Night on ESPN2: Reyes vs Weidman airs exclusively on ESPN2 tonight, Friday, October 18, at 6 p.m. ET from TD Garden in Boston, MA. The main event features a light heavyweight bout between No. 4 ranked contender Dominick Reyes (11-0-0) vs former middleweight champion Chris Weidman who makes his debut at the light heavyweight division. The co-main features a featherweight matchup between Yair Rodriguez (12-2-0, 1 NC) and Jeremy Stephens (28-16-0, 1 NC).
The post UFC Fight Night on ESPN2: Reyes vs Weidman in Boston appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..
College GameDay Built by the Home Depot will originate from State College this weekend, as No. 7 Penn State hosts No. 16 Michigan for Big Ten showdown on ABC Saturday Night Football. The three-hour pregame show (9 a.m. – noon ET), will be live from HUB Lawn on Penn State’s campus.
The post Up Next, State College: College GameDay Heads to Penn State for Week 8 Show Ahead of ABC Saturday Night Football Matchup Between No. 16 Michigan Wolverines and No. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..
This Tuesday, Oct. 22 at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN, E:60 returns to prime time with award-winning co-hosts Jeremy Schaap and Lisa Salters.
The post <i>E:60</i> Returns to Prime Time with DeAndre Hopkins and Ryan Hilinski Features appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..
The National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL), the preeminent professional women’s soccer league in the United States, will kick off the 2019 NWSL playoffs with a semifinal doubleheader on ESPN2 on Sunday, October 20: defending NWSL champions North Carolina Courage vs. Reign FC at 1:30 p.m. ET, and Chicago Red Stars vs. Portland Thorns FC at 3:30 p.m.
The post ESPN2 to Air National Women’s Soccer League Semifinal Doubleheader on Sunday appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..
Emrick on The Peter King Podcast: “Trivia question: who caught Brett Favre’s first Packer pass? Brett Favre.”
U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team Physician Dr. Monica Rho Joins New Episode of the On Her Turf Podcast
STAMFORD, Conn. – Oct. 17, 2019 – NBC Sports’ lead NHL play-by-play commentator and seven-time Emmy Award-winner Mike “Doc” Emrick joins The Peter King Podcast, headlining NBC Sports’ new slate of podcast episodes this week. In addition, longtime ESPN NFL reporter Ed Werder also joins Peter King to discuss the biggest NFL news this week and U.S. women’s national soccer team physician Dr. Monica Rho joins Kathryn Tappen for a new episode of the On Her Turf podcast.
In all, NBC Sports presents 18 new podcast episodes this week. New episodes for all podcasts will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBCSports.com/podcasts, NBC Sports’ Scores app, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE PETER KING PODCAST:
Emrick on calling Favre’s first game: “It was Green Bay down in Tampa Bay the following week. Matt [Millen] and I are assigned to do it: second quarter, Majkowski out, Favre comes in, drops back to pass on rushing linemen, deflects the pass, Favre catches it, loss. Trivia question: who caught Brett Favre’s first Packer pass? Brett Favre.”
Emrick: “The proof is in how legendary that career became and how much fun it was for me to watch that career after I saw the first play he ever made. It became fun for me to see a guy go into the Hall of Fame that was like that.”
- The Peter King Podcast: The Peter King Podcast is the ultimate destination for all things pro football. Led by one of the most influential storytellers in all of sports media, three-time NSMA Sportswriter of the Year Peter King delivers an access-driven experience that brings fans into the locker room, the press box, and the front office with the biggest influencers in professional football.
- On this week’s episodes: On Monday’s episode, King summarizes his Football Morning in America column after Week 6. He discusses Devlin Hodges’ win over the Chargers, backup and replacement QBs, the 49ers, and how the Rams and Chargers are in trouble. On Wednesday, King examines the with the state of officiating, and speaks with legendary NBC hockey announcer Mike “Doc” Emrick joins King to discuss the evolution of his career. Plus, longtime ESPN NFL reporter Ed Werder joins King on the podcast.
- When: Monday, Oct. 14, and Wednesday, Oct. 16
- Chris Simms Unbuttoned: NBC Sports’ Chris Simmsexamines everything happening in the NFL and around the sports world. Joined by a rotation of NBC Sports hosts Ahmed Fareed, Paul Burmeister and Liam McHugh, Unbuttoned features in-depth Xs and Os analysis; one-on-one interviews with players, coaches, executives, and draft prospects; game recaps and previews; gambling segments; extensive player analysis leading into the NFL Draft; and much more.
- On this week’s episodes: Simms and Fareed touch on every game in Week 6. They talk about Doug Pederson’s guarantee, how Russell Wilson is the best QB in football, and they do a film deep dive into the 49ers offense vs. the Rams defense and the Chiefs offense vs. the Texans defense. In addition, Phil Simms joins the podcast for a full film deep dive episode.
- When: Multiple Times per week
- The Mike Tirico Podcast: From the Olympics, to The Open Championship, to the NFL, Mike Tirico has covered some of the biggest sporting events in history. Join him as he shares insights from the broadcast booth and talks with special guests about their careers, sports, and life.
- On this week’s episode:Tirico is joined by Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison, and Mike Florio to recap Week 6. They discuss the 49ers winning streak, why the Cowboys should be worried, and why Russell Wilson took the lead in the MVP race. Then, they talk about the Texans and the Chiefs game, Sam Darnold’s return, the disappointment from Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota, and how the Browns are hurting.
- When: Sunday, Oct. 13
- PFT PM: Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
- On this week’s episode: Florio and Simms react to Week 6. They discuss Jason Garrett’s job, if the Chiefs can turn it around, Cam Newton’s possible return, and if Kyle Allen will automatically be relegated to the bench. Then, they debate why gambling could force the NFL’s hand with regards to officiating fixes. Additionally, they get into who’s to blame for the Cowboys recent struggles, Jameis Winton’s future, and the unintended consequence of putting QBs on a pedestal. Plus, the two react to the big news of Jalen Ramsey getting traded to the Rams.
- When: Multiple times per week
- Rotoworld Football: From fantasy implications to NFL draft analysis to major events, the Rotoworld Football staff has the NFL landscape covered. Listen as Josh Norris, John Daigle, Ian Hartitz, Hayden Winks, and Patrick “RotoPat” Daugherty give their analysis and opinions on everything happening in the NFL.
- On this week’s episode: Josh Norris and the crew review and wrap up each of Sunday’s games. They discuss the Rams and Cowboys three game losing streak, the Chiefs two straight losses, and how Deshaun Watson continues to be one of the most electric players in the league. Afterwards, they talk about how Marcus Mariota got benched and how Kyle Allen improves to 4-0. Then, Norris, Hartitz, and Daugherty react to another disappointing Browns performance, and look at which 3-3 teams they still believe in this year. Plus, they debate on who is the best team in the NFC right now, and give potential waiver options for this week.
- When: Monday, Oct.14, Tuesday, Oct. 15, Thursday, Oct. 17, and Friday, Oct.18
- 49ers Insider Podcast: 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco brings you comprehensive NFL coverage of all things San Francisco 49ers. Don’t miss weekly in-depth interviews all year long with players, coaches, front office personnel, alumni and fellow media members
- On this week’s episode: Starting nose tackle D.J. Jones, a key player in the 49ers’ run defense, talks about his journey, including his route from “Last Chance U” to the story behind his marriage proposal, which he delivered on the sideline prior to the team’s Monday night game last week against Cleveland. Then, Matt Maiocco and Laura Britt break down the 49ers impressive Week 6 game victory over the L.A. Rams.
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 15
- Redskins Talk: The Redskins Talk podcast is anchored by NBC Sports Washington’s Redskins Insider JP Finlay and members of the Redskins coverage team, including Mitch Tischler and Pete Hailey, along with special guests. The cast brings a fresh and engaging style to interviews with Redskins players, coaches and alumni, as well as experts from around the NFL.
- On this week’s episode: Finlay, Tischler, and Hailey finally record their first victory podcast in ten months, thanks to the Redskins win over the Dolphins. The crew talks about Bill Callahan’s influence on Case Keenum’s average performance, Mike Tomlin, and look at the NFC East standings.
- When: Multiple times per week
- Tom Curran’s Patriots Talk Podcast: NBC Sports Boston Patriots Insiders Tom E. Curran and Phil Perry break down every game, plus talk about the issues on and off the field with the team.
- On this week’s episode: Curran and Perry discuss the one-game suspension the Patriots placed on Michael Bennett, rookie receiver N’Keal Harry’s return, and possible receivers that the Patriots are targeting before the trade deadline. Plus, Patriots Offensive Coordinator Josh McDaniels answers some questions about how much the Patriots can rely on Harry.
- When: Multiple times per week
- Eagle Eye: Rueben Frank and Dave Zangaro break down the key matchups, and discuss the key topics and issues surrounding the Philadelphia Eagles.
- On this week’s latest episode: On the latest Eagle Eye podcast, Frank and Zangaro discuss reoccurring mistakes from the secondary, Zach Brown’s trash talk, and everything else that went wrong in the Eagles loss to the Vikings. Then, they are joined by Ray Didinger to talk about recent poor draft classes, the anticipated return of Ronald Darby and Jalen Mills, and Zach Brown’s release. Additionally, they get into how the Eagles lost out on Jalen Ramsey and debate other trade options at cornerback.
- When: Multiple times per week
- Under Center Podcast: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s team of Bears/NFL experts, the Under Center Podcast features lively discussion on the hottest pro football topics of the day, along with exclusive interviews with Bears players, coaches, and local/national NFL media members. New episodes of the Under Center Podcast and can be found daily throughout the duration of Bears Training Camp at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app.
- On this week’s episode: JJ Stankevitz and Cam Ellis look at the difficult decision and impact of Kyle Long going on IR, how Bilal Nichols’ return to practice could help alleviate the difficulty of replacing Akiem Hicks, and a look at how Matt Nagy spent his off week.
- When: Monday, Oct. 14, Thursday, Oct. 17, and Saturday, Oct. 19
- On Her Turf: Pushing boundaries and empowering women along the way, the On Her Turf podcast highlights amazing women- and their male allies- who are champions on and off the field and who motivate people to be the best versions of themselves. Join host Kathryn Tappen as she talks with a new powerhouse guest about sports, what motivates them, and lessons they’ve learned along the way.
- On this week’s episode: Dr. Monica Rho joins Tappen to discuss her role with the USWNT during their World Cup victory, what inspired her to become a doctor, the importance of sports for young girls, and how to change the conversation around mental health.
- When: Friday, Oct. 18
- Our Line Starts: The NHL on NBC crew reacts to the latest news, debates the hottest topics, and tells the best stories from their playing days. Plus – extended interviews with key figures from around the league.
- On this week’s episode: Anson Carter and Jeremy Roenick reflect on Patrick Marleau re-joining the San Jose Sharks and take a closer look at top picks, Jack Hughes and Kaapo Kakko, on the eve of their 1st NHL meeting. Afterwards, Pierre McGuire interviews current President and Chief Executive Officer of the Montreal Canadiens Geoff Molson. Then, Eddie Olczyk calls in to break down the fast starts for Edmonton and Colorado. Plus, he tells stories from his newly published memoir: Beating the Odds in Hockey and in Life.
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 16
- The Rory & Carson Podcast: Four-time major champion Rory McIIroy, and host of The Voice” and “The Today Show” Carson Daly take on topics from golf to grunge rock, TV to tunes, what’s on their playlists, and everything in between.
- On this week’s episode: Rory answers a fan’s question about a moment that two months later still gives him goosebumps. Then, he reflects on what a difference a year made at the Tour Championship for him where he went from having to hear Tiger’s name echoing all over East Lake to hearing his own.
- When: Monday, Oct. 14
- The Scrumdown with Alex Corbisiero: Hosted by Alex Corbisiero, The Scrum Down features regular guest Jonathan Fisherand input from other current Premiership Rugby players. A conversation on all things Rugby related from a player’s point of view.
- On this week’s episode: Brian Hightower and Dan Lyle join Alex to discuss USA’s tough loss against Tonga, how the tournament can be looked at for the Eagles, and how they can improve going forward. After, the guys recap Japan’s victory over Scotland, how they will match up against South Africa in the Quarter-Finals, and they preview the remaining Quarter-Final games.
- When: Sunday, Oct. 13
- White Sox Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth White Sox discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episode: Chuck and Chris speak with Black Sox historian, Jacob Pomrenke, about the biggest myths surrounding the infamous 1919 Black Sox who fixed the World Series. They discuss the role of “Shoeless” Joe Jackson in the fix, if Jackson could ever get into the Hall of Fame, and if a World Series could be fixed in today’s game. On Thursday’s episode, White Sox Talk launches a new series, “Distant Replay,” in which the crew watch a game separately before coming together to discuss and break down all that happened.
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 15, and Thursday, Oct. 17
- Cubs Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Cubs experts David Kaplan and Tony Andracki, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking Cubs news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episode: David Kaplan, Kelly Crull, Tony Andracki, and Jeff Nelson offer up their bold predictions for the Cubs offseason, including the future of Willson Contreras. Then, they give us a managerial search update.
- When: Monday, Oct. 14 and Friday, Oct. 18
- College Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Robert Dauster takes a look at everything happening across college basketball, including a weekly recap of action across the country and each conference, recruiting and looking ahead to the future of the sport.
- On this week’s episode: Robert Dauster is joined by Travis Hines to talk through each team in the Big 12. They discuss if Kansas can start a new streak, if everything happening around the program is going to be too much for them to overcome, if Baylor can make a run at the league title, and just how good Texas Tech is and why Texas is so interesting this year.
- When: Monday, Oct. 14
- Pro Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Kurt Helin and the team from ProBasketballTalk at NBCSports.com talk all things NBA basketball: news, analysis and even the ridiculous. Regular guests include NBA players and media members.
- On this week’s episodes: Helin is joined by Mark Medina of USA Today to discuss the NBA’s Western Conference. Anything can happen this season, and the two break down the Western Conference and talk about who could come out on top and how, because in a very deep conference, there will be no easy path forward.
- When: Multiple times per week
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew as they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
- On this week’s episode: Matt Stroup, Ryan Knaus, and Tommy Beer talk about the Yahoo Friends and Family Draft, a 12-team, 8-category expert league. They break down each of their teams and the logic behind the picks, including where to target Zion Williamson, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Kelly Oubre, Jonathan Isaac, and Mitchell Robinson.
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 16, and Friday, Oct. 18
– NBC SPORTS –
ESPN Radio, with coverage presented by AutoZone, will broadcast the World Series presented by YouTube TV, for the 22nd consecutive year, starting Tuesday, Oct. 22. Dan Shulman, the national radio voice of the “Fall Classic” will describe the action for the ninth consecutive season. He’ll be joined by analyst Chris Singleton and reporter Buster Olney.
College GameDay Built by The Home Depot’s Viewership Experiencing Its Best Start Since 2015
The post College GameDay Built by The Home Depot’s Viewership Experiencing Its Best Start Since 2015 appeared first on ESPN Press Room U.S..
X Games announced today the sports and disciplines for X Games Aspen 2020, including new additions of Snowboard SuperPipe Best Trick, Snowboard Rail Jam and, following the success of Snowboard Knuckle Huck in 2019, Ski Knuckle Huck. After five consecutive years of the fan-favorite Special Olympics Unified Snowboarding Event, X Games Aspen will also add a Special Olympics Unified Skiing Event this year. The full schedule for the event, held January 23 – 26, 2020 at Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen, Colo., will be revealed tomorrow on XGames.com.