NFL GameDay Highlights & NFL GameDay Final on NFL Network
(Sundays at 7:30 & 11:30 PM ET)
-“Adrian Peterson and Alfred Morris are making the running back position relevant again. It matters in the NFL.” – Marshall Faulk on Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris.
– “Alfred Morris put the Washington Redskins on his back and toted them to the playoffs. He represents all young players that are not going to get drafted high and are now thinking ‘I still have a shot.’” – Deion Sanders on Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris who was a sixth round draft choice in the 2012 NFL Draft
– “This is a pay-per-view matchup for us to see: Robert Griffin III on the field versus a vaunted defense.” – Deion Sanders on next weekend’s Wild Card matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins
– “You are watching everything come together for the Seattle Seahawks. They are going to get by Washington.” – Marshall Faulk on the Seattle Seahawks who have won five games in-a-row and play the Washington Redskins in the first round of the playoffs
– “Since that play in Seattle, these [big] moments have escaped Tony Romo. He has not been able to get out of his own way and let his talent – and he has a lot of it – do what it normally does.” – Marshall Faulk on Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo’s three interceptions vs. the Washington Redskins. Tony Romo bobbled a snap while holding for a go-ahead field goal in the 2006 playoffs against the Seattle Seahawks.
– “If you are 1-6 in elimination games, that is telling me things are not getting better. We always think it is going to get better, but it is the same old, same old.” – Deion Sanders on the Dallas Cowboys and quarterback Tony Romo. The Cowboys are 1-6 in elimination games since 2006
– “Tony Romo wants to prove to everyone he belongs and that gets him in trouble.” – Michael Irvin on Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. Irvin believes because Romo went undrafted, he consistently feels the need to prove himself to others around the NFL
– “If Joe Flacco gets outplayed by Andrew Luck, what an indictment on him and the contract he is asking for.” – Marshall Faulk on Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco who is in the final year of his contract. The Ravens host the Indianapolis Colts next weekend in the first round of the playoffs.
– “As long as Michael Crabtree is playing, the San Francisco 49ers have a chance to win a Super Bowl. He is the key to making their offense go.” – Michael Irvin on San Francisco wide receiver Michael Crabtree
– “I liked the way Atlanta approached the game. They understood it is business and got a [good] week of practice in.” – Michael Irvin on the Atlanta Falcons who played all their starters in Week 17 despite already earning the number one seed in the NFC playoffs
– “Doug Martin is going to have a wonderful career.” – Michael Irvin on Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie running back Doug Martin
– “The New York Giants cornerbacks were horrendous.” – Deion Sanders on the New York Giants and one of the reasons they missed the playoffs this season
On NFL.com the following video clips from NFL GameDay Final are available for viewing:
Give Love to Alfred Morris – Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, and Marshall Faulk react to the Washington Redskins’ 28-18 win over the Dallas Cowboys, how effective coach Mike Shanahan has been this season and a preview into the playoff run in D.C.:
What happened to the Giants – Why Did the New York Giants fail to make it to the playoffs? The NFL GameDay Final analysts explain why the New York Giants looked like a tired team down the stretch:
Vikings vs. Packers preview – Will the Green Bay Packers be able to stop Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson in their playoff matchup? The NFL GameDay Final analysts explain how both teams can pick up a win in Wild Card Weekend:
Coach ‘em up: Adrian Peterson carving up the Packers – Why does Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson have so much success against the Green Bay Packers? Marshall Faulk explains why it is so hard to stop AD:
Should the Cowboys fire Garrett? – Is it time for the Dallas Cowboys to fire head coach Jason Garrett? Find out if the NFL GameDay Final analysts believe he is the right guy to lead the Cowboys:
Wilson vs. RG3 – What will happen when rookie sensations Russell Wilson and Robert Griffin III go head-to-head in the first round of the playoffs? The NFL GameDay Final crew offers their thoughts:
Can Luck lead Colts to a playoff victory? – Who will win when Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts take on Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens in the first round of the playoffs? The NFL GameDay Final analysts give their thoughts:
Foster faces stiff Bengals defense – Will the Houston Texans be able to get back on track in their wild card playoff matchup? The NFL GameDay Final analysts explain why the Cincinnati Bengals defense could cause trouble for the Texans: